Women invented fire

Author's Note: This has nothing to do with the Lyric story. Just something random I wrote. I felt like I needed to update this. Maybe this will be the start of a new story. Who knows.


“I’m not a complete idiot, you know,” I said as I got into the car. “I know I’m a girl and all, but I’m not stupid.”

“I don’t think girls are stupid. I’ve always thought it was you girls who invented fire,” he said, with a smile.

“Oh yeah?” I questioned.

“Yeah. Us men were totally content with cold food until you women came in and was like ‘Hey! Let’s change this up. We like hot food!’”

My smile grew bigger as I laughed. I looked over at the boy who was quickly stealing my heart. I was starting to think that I was falling for him before I was even ready to admit that I even liked him. Everything was easy with him. I didn’t have to worry about holding back my sarcastic, bitchy, smartass ways. He was able to handle anything I threw at him. I had spent 18 years carefully building a Great Wall of China with armed Samurais stationed at every two feet. Nobody was supposed to be able to get past that. At least, nobody was supposed to be able to until after years of hard work and effort on their part. He, on the other hand, has managed to take a Russia sized hole to my wall and walk right through it.

He started his car while I grabbed his iPod and plugged it into the cassette adapter.

“Now, about your birthday,” he started.

“No, no. We’re skipping it, please,” I pleaded.

I already knew it was no use before I even started, but I had to try.

“Nope, now that you’re with me you’re definitely not skipping it,” he insisted.

“I don’t want to get older,” I mumbled.

He glanced over at me, smiling, before setting his focus back on the road.

I sighed, realizing that no matter what I said I would still be doing something for my birthday. I wanted to slap myself. Since when did I give into anything I didn’t want? Since when did I give in period? Since when did I give into something my boyfriend wanted?

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Ash;. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.