“Hold on a sec, I just bought this song and I really want to listen to it,” he said from his computer.

I sighed, “Okay.”

A soft guitar started playing from his speakers. I sat my purse down on the floor and took a seat on the arm of our couch. I couldn’t even explain why I was starting to get irritated. I just was. I wanted to go and I had felt like he was rushing me to finish getting ready and here I was waiting for him to listen to a song that definitely wasn’t going anywhere.

“A full moon shinin’ bright, edge of the water we were feelin’ alright,” a guy started signing. I should have known this would be a country song.

He walked over to me, pulling my arm and pulled me off of the couch.

“…The girls are always hot and the beer is ice cold,” he started singing along.

I was looking down at the floor. I knew he was looking at me while he was singing, singing to me. He pulled me in closer to him. I was practically hugging him. I put my arms on top of his shoulders and he pulled me so my body was against his.

“….Never gonna grow up,” he sang to me softly. He started to sway.

“Never gonna slow down. We were shinin’ like lighters in the middle of a rock show. We were doing it right. We were comin’ alive. Yeah, caught up in a southern summer, barefoot, blue jean night.”

I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach, flying through my veins to every part of my body. I felt giddy all over.

I put my head against his chest, swaying with him.

Two minutes and forty-nine seconds later, he was done singing. We were done dancing.

I took a small step back and looked into his eyes.

It was exactly like throwing my heart over the edge of a cliff praying that he was at the bottom ready to catch it. Except I had already done this, fourteen months ago, and he was still there to catch it.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Ash;. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.